Cool climbing weekend in La Brigue with Anna. New cliff = on-sight feast + sore skin and tired arms!
On the way to La Brigue cave (¬© A. Gatta)
La Brigue is a nice village in the Roya valley, Alpes Maritimes, France. At an elevation of 700 meters, it is a perfect cliff for the summer.
The village of La Brigue (¬© P. Gatta)
With more than 100 routes spread out in different sectors, there are something for everyone. We have spent two days in the Cave which is a great sectors with almost 30 routes from 6c to 8b.
The crag of La Brigue (¬© P. Gatta)
Here are the routes we climbed during these two days:
– Attaccabriga, 6c+, bouldery slab, unpleasant
– Oltre Confine, 6c+, * the easiest warm up
– Pidiemme, 7b, powerful start with a dyno (or very reachy)
– The Help, 7a+, *, powerful and crimpy, not easy on-sight
– Il Saggiatore, 7c, ***, nice route requiring different climbing styles
– La Sorci√®re au Deus Visages (Gauche/left), 7c, *** nice and soft
– L’Opposition Machivalique, 7b, ** powerful start then long and nice dihedral
– Joe’s, 7b+, ***, jug feast
La Brigue cave (grotte) (¬© P. Gatta)